Rand Robins is a trial attorney helping regular people who’ve been seriously hurt or killed by careless drivers, unsafe medical practices, and other avoidable, preventable dangers, including defective products. Mr. Robins uses extensive jury trial experience, as well as years representing corporations and manufacturers of industrial equipment, to get just compensation for his clients and their families.
Mr. Robins is an active member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice, groups that are dedicated to making transportation, healthcare, and workplaces safer for average people. He was voted a Rising Star in Super Lawyers Magazine for Plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice after just a two years in the field.
Mr. Robins comes from a family of healthcare providers. He only pursues cases against healthcare providers that are clearly meritorious and supported by the highest-quality experts and peer-reviewed literature in a given field of medicine. Medical errors claim thousands of American lives every year. Mr. Robins believes lawyers and doctors have a responsibility to fix these wrongs where possible through the court system. One goal of every medical malpractice case, regardless of what happened, is to improve medical care for everyone in the communities where Mr. Robins works.
Born and raised in Richmond, Mr. Robins graduated from the University of North Carolina and earned his law degree from the Washington College of Law at American University. He is dedicated to mentoring middle and high school kids from tough backgrounds and is a board member of UP (Unlimited Potential) RVA. When he is not working, Rand is spending time with his wife, Lucy, and their hound dog, Sophie. He enjoys staying active, live music, and good food.
- Virginia 2010
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- Washington College of Law at American University 2010
- University of North Carolina 2005
- Woodberry Forest School 2001
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Governors
- Publications Committee Co-Chair (2019 – present)
- Legislative Committee (2020 – present)
- Tort Law Subcommittee
- Board of Governors
- Richmond Bar Association
- CLE Committee
- Virginia Super Lawyers 2020
- Super Lawyers
- Rising Star – Plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice (2019-present)