Truck Accident Case Settles for $9 Million
Note: The recoveries in these cases are not necessarily indicative of recoveries in similar cases in the future, since each case must be decided on its own facts and circumstances.
Walter H. Emroch and Thomas J. McNally of Emroch & Kilduff successfully represented a Richmond man in a truck collision that settled on the second day of trial for $9 million.
While the plaintiff was driving a truck for his employer, he had the bones in both of his legs crushed. The accident occurred when the driver of a vehicle failed to yield the right of way at an intersection and pulled in front of the plaintiff, causing a T-bone collision.
The plaintiff was trapped in the truck until rescue personnel were able to remove him from the vehicle. He was immediately flown to Inova Fairfax Hospital in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, the plaintiff, a diabetic, developed an infection in his right leg, which required amputation above the knee. As a result of the amputation, he is required to have a prosthetic leg and to use a cane. He is no longer able to do the same type of work he did before the accident, which involved driving a truck and moving furniture. Currently, he is limited to doing sedentary work with the likelihood of earning only $6.50 per hour. Prior to his injuries, he had been earning $11.50 per hour. He also incurred medical bills totaling $467,000.
Additional Personal Injury Settlements
Click on the links below to explore these cases and settlements in detail.
- Brain Injury Victim Receives Largest known VA Award – $6.2 million
- Injured Street Sweeper Settles for $650,000
- Accident Victim Receives $1.5 Million
- Disputed Brain Injury and Stress Disorder Victim Gets $600,000
- Unguarded Drain Leads to Injury Recovery
- Medical Malpractice case settles for $3 million
- Automobile accident settles for $4.8 million
- Truck Collision accident settles on second day of trial for $9 million
- Natural Gas Explosion settles for $1.5 million
- Truck Accident settles for $3.3 million
- Bicycle Accident case settles for $1.3 million
- Malpractice case settles for $900,000