The Emroch & Kilduff, LLP $1,000 Scholarship Essay Contest
The Personal Injury Lawyers at Emroch & Kilduff, LLP realize that education is the foundation to a successful career, but may not be financially feasible for students and their families. For this reason, Emroch & Kilduff, LLP is proud to announce an annual $1,000 Scholarship Essay Contest.
The 2018 Essay Topic
To participate in the contest, applicants should write a 600-word essay answering the following question:
Texting and driving/distracted driving are among some of the top causes of accidents on our roads. Review your state’s laws on texting and driving. Do you think laws need to be revamped? What invention or device would you invent in order to help lower the temptation to drive while distracted?
- Applicant must be a high school senior in the graduating class of 2019, planning to enroll in an accredited United States college or University during the 2019 academic year.
How to Apply
People who wish to participate should send their essay as an attachment in an email (pdfs/Google Drive submissions will not be accepted) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2018, 9 AM EST. In the body of the email, applicants should include the following information:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- If you are under 18, contact information for your parents
- The name of the school you are attending or planning on attending
- The best way to contact you
Once the application period has ended, our scholarship committee will review the essays and choose a winner by January 15, 2019. The winner will be chosen considering the following factors:
- Responsiveness to the question asked
- The quality of the writing
- The substantive content of the response
Congratulations to our 2017 winner, Ryan Hooper!
Contact Emroch & Kilduff, LLP for More Information
Emroch & Kilduff, LLP focuses on representing the victims of personal injury, in both state and federal courts. To contact our law firm, please fill out and submit the contact form available here, or call our office today at 888-358-1568.