At Emroch & Kilduff, our attorneys are proud of our long history of handling attorney referral cases in Virginia and Washington D.C. We welcome law firm referrals to ensure all clients have access to the legal help they need when it comes to complex personal injury cases.
Our attorneys accept referrals from attorneys that do not handle personal injury cases, that don’t handle specific claims (like medical malpractice cases), and lawyers with great cases who lack the wherewithal to pursue them. If your client was injured while visiting Virginia or Washington, D.C., and you’re not licensed to practice here, or if your office is too far away from the courthouse where the trial will take place, we can step in. With our years of practice in four office locations, we bring an intimate knowledge of the inner workings of numerous local court systems.
- Partnering With Emroch & Kilduff Is a Win-Win Relationship
- Our Case Results Speak Volumes
- Emroch & Kilduff Handle Case Referrals in More Than 10 Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Lawyer-to-Lawyer Referral in Virginia
- Virginia State Bar Authorizes Fee Sharing Between Referral Lawyers
- Refer Your Personal Injury Cases To Emroch & Kilduff
Partnering With Emroch & Kilduff Is a Win-Win Relationship
Emroch & Kilduff maintains close relationships with Virginia law firms and attorneys who refer us to clients. In exchange, we pay a percentage of the attorney fee earned from a personal injury case. We work to ensure that all referring lawyers in Virginia feel confident and motivated to approach us for professional services.
Attorneys refer us because we are:
- Scalable: With six attorneys, 20 team members, and four offices across Virginia, our firm is well prepared to handle various personal injury referral cases.
- Established: We have a proven track record of success and experience representing clients in Virginia since 1970.
- Results-Oriented: We have successfully represented clients in Virginia and won millions in compensation. While we cannot guarantee results, we work tirelessly to produce the best results possible in each case we take on.
- Licensed: We are licensed to handle referral cases in Virginia and Washington D.C.
Emroch & Kilduff has been in business since 1970. If the longevity of our business isn’t enough to convince you of our commitment to justice, just take a look at our record of success. Over the years, we have recovered millions in awards for our clients in varying cases across many disciplines.
These are just a few of the million-dollar results we obtained for our clients:
- $2 million settlement for a complex case that involved not only an automobile accident but also medical malpractice
- $1.25 million for a plaintiff who lost a leg and fractured his pelvis in a motorcycle crash
- $3.85 million awarded after an auto accident for resulting TBI and orthopedic injuries
- $7.75 million slip and fall settlement against an apartment complex that failed to properly prepare the property for freezes and snowstorms
These are just a few snapshots of the results we can achieve with our resources and talented staff. You’ll notice that our practice areas are broad and flexible. From wrongful death to medical malpractice, we’ll consider and investigate almost any personal injury claim in the name of justice.
- Boat accidents
- Brain injury
- Bus accidents
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice and nursing home neglect
- Nursing home injuries
- Railroad accidents
- Serious car accidents
- Serious workplace injuries
- Slip or trip and fall
- Spinal cord injury
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death and serious personal injury
Our firm has partnered with a statewide network of experts in diverse fields, including health, engineering, and accident reconstruction, to provide expertise in each referral case. As personal injury attorneys in Virginia, we aggressively advocate on the client’s behalf.
When you refer a personal injury case to Emroch & Kilduff, you speak to our lawyers. We review the pertinent details, consult with the referred client, and analyze each case by its merits. What’s more, we protect your lawyer referral fees as per the law.
We partner with attorneys in any area of focus, including:
- Personal injury and accidents
- Business law
- Corporate law
- Criminal law
- Family law
- Insurance defense law
- Social Security law
We keep our referral cases transparent by documenting and honoring the agreement between Emroch & Kilduff and referring attorneys and firms. Furthermore, we do not infringe on the relationship between a referring attorney and referred client as we handle the case.
We are happy to partner with you, whether you are a client or friend confident in our services, an attorney that does not handle personal injury cases, or a lawyer without the money to successfully handle personal injury cases.
Lawyers may assume that it is unethical to accept referral fees. However, the Virginia State Bar authorizes lawyer referral and fee-sharing arrangements. At Emroch & Kilduff, we comply with state bar rules when creating fee-sharing agreements to ensure fair compensation.
According to the American Bar Association (ABA) Rule 1.5. (e);
The division of fees should be proportionate to each lawyer’s services.
If the client agrees to an arrangement, the division of fees should show in writing the share each attorney shall receive.
The referral fees should be reasonable based on the total fee.
The client should agree to the legal fees and the lawyers’ arrangement.
Non-proportional fee agreements are also possible in cases of a joint arrangement. We aim to establish the responsibility of each attorney in the initial referral agreement to ease compensation and improve transparency.
We accept referrals if you do not handle personal injury cases or have a case with colossal potential but do not have the resources to pursue it. By referring a client to Emroch & Kilduff, you transfer the risk from your own practice and deliver the client to a capable firm. Your reputation remains intact, and you have an opportunity to access referral fees.
“Emroch & Kilduff was a great company to help me in my time of need. The staff was very kind and professional. They kept me very informative on everything and were very pleasing and easy to work with. Everyone was very friendly and knew all their information. Definitely would recommend and go back to them for help again. Thank you Emroch & Kilduff for all your time and help.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!
Emroch & Kilduff, LLP
3600 W Broad St # 700
Richmond, VA 23230
1 (804) 358-1568