Emroch & Kilduff
900 S Church Ln
Tappahannock, VA 22560
Phone: (804) 445-1507
Toll-free: (877) 445-1508
Tappahannock, Virginia Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence, you may be coping with a lot of stress: medical bills, missed work, property loss, other parties, insurance companies, and more. The additional burden of traveling to a major city to meet with a personal injury lawyer may simply seem like too much trouble. Fortunately, Emroch & Kilduff is here in Tappahannock, and our compassionate and experienced lawyers are available to discuss your potential claims.
Contact Emroch & Kilduff for a free consultation and learn if we may be able to help you. If we accept your case, we will advocate on your behalf and work for the best possible outcomes. Call us at (804) 358-1568, or contact us online to make your appointment.
We are experienced in negotiating claims and settlements, and in litigating personal injury cases in state and federal courts. Our job is to help personal injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
Our areas of practice include:
- Spinal cord injuries. The majority of spinal cord injury victims are male, and the average age of victims is 31. Spinal cord injuries are most often caused by motor vehicle accidents. The first fifteen days after a spinal cord injury have an average medical cost of $140,000, while the first year after an injury will bring medical and additional expenses upward of $200,000. Damages in these cases may include medical expenses, loss of income, loss of future earning capacity, pain and suffering, and long-term care.
- Wrongful diagnosis. Nearly 80,000 deaths a year are caused by wrongful diagnosis, either missed diagnosis or misdiagnosis. The most common cases either fail to diagnose or falsely diagnose cancer, diabetes, heart attack, stroke, pulmonary embolism, and bacterial meningitis. Wrongful diagnosis breaches the patient’s trust in their healthcare professional, and may have serious or even deadly consequences.
- Automobile accidents. Every year, thousands of Virginians are injured by car accidents. These accidents are often caused by drunk driving, distracted driving, driving while fatigued, speeding, and aggressive driving. Victims of car accidents may be able to collect compensation for damages including medical bills, lost wages, and property loss.
- Truck accidents. Commercial trucks typically weigh up to 80,000 pounds and often transport hazardous materials. Truck accidents therefore have the potential for catastrophic injuries. When the truck driver caused the accident, both the driver and their employer may be liable for damages. Others parties may also be liable, such as manufacturers or mechanics. Truck accident victims may have lifelong injuries or permanent disabilities, and having an effective advocate who will work to ensure parties are held liable for future care is especially important.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle riders face higher risk on the roads than other motor vehicle users. Other motorists may fail to see them, and a pothole or gravel on a poorly maintained road can pose serious dangers. Motorcyclists are more frequently and easily injured in collisions because they lack protections like seat belts, airbags, and metal framing. Regardless of the cause of the accident, motorcyclists who have been injured may have extraordinary medical costs and other damages.
- Product liability. Consumers should be protected from the products that may injure them. When consumers are injured by product defects, the manufacturer, distributor, and retailer may all be liable for damages.
- Railroad accidents. Approximately 1,000 deaths per year are caused by railroad accidents, and that number is increasing. Railroad accidents are often caused by factors such as improperly functioning railroad crossing lights or bars, negligent driving, human error, mechanical failure, or derailment.
- Aviation disasters. Each year approximately 4,500 passengers are injured by baggage falling from overhead bins, and another 58 are injured by airplane turbulence. Passengers and employees may also be injured by pilot error, mechanical problems, and product defects. In these cases, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and commercial airlines may be liable for damages. Making a personal injury claim involving these parties often requires expertise in aircraft function, safety, and FAA regulations.
- Workers compensation. Workplace injuries can be too complicated for a victim to handle alone. An employee may feel uncomfortable discussing their injury with their employer, or feel guilty about filing a claim against a company where they have established professional relationships. Employees who are coping with injuries, missed work, and loss of income, and who may be unsure how to file or challenge a denied workers’ compensation claim, should speak to a personal injury lawyer for knowledgeable counsel and representation.
- Slip and fall accidents. Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, including parking lots and garages, roadways, retail stores, single family homes and apartment complexes, restaurants, hotels, sports arenas, conference centers, and amusement parks. Landlords, public agencies, and commercial and private property owners have a duty to keep the places where people live, visit, shop, and work safe. If parties fail in their duty of care and someone is injured by their negligence, a victim may have a premise liability claim.
Our commitment to getting the best possible outcomes for our clients means we work with a national network of qualified experts who have the knowledge and expertise to help support our clients’ claims. These professionals come from a variety of fields such as medicine, economics, industry, engineering, aviation, accident reconstruction, and more.
We Can Come to You
For those who are unable to come to our office in Tappahannock, our lawyers will travel and meet clients in homes, hospitals, and long-term care facilities, including nursing homes. If you have questions or need assistance, call us at (804) 358-1568.
Call Emroch and Kilduff if You Were Injured in Tappahannock
If you have suffered an injury because of the negligence of another person, business, or government entity, contact Emroch & Kilduff and learn if we may be able to help you. If we accept your case, we will advocate on your behalf and work for the best possible outcomes. Call one of our experienced personal injury lawyers at (804) 358-1568, or contact us online for a free consultation.
Where We Are
Our Tappahannock office is located at 900 South Church Lane, east off of Highway 17 and a few blocks away from the Rappahannock River.
1325 Tappahannock Blvd
1665 Tappahannock Blvd
1649 Tappahannock Blvd
203 Duke Street
1648 Tappahannock Blvd