Fredericksburg Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
If you recently suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a drunk driving accident, you know that the emotional and financial challenges you face sometimes outweigh the physical pain. Severe injuries may require accident victims to stay in the hospital for some time and spend months recovering. Some drunk driving accident victims experience lifelong complications and pain.
Victims’ families must also cope with challenges in the wake of drunk driving accidents. Victims who, before the accident, provided a large portion of household income may lose work for the foreseeable future. This creates a financial burden that is sometimes hard to overcome.
At Emroch & Kilduff, we understand the challenges that injured individuals face after drunk driving accidents. We want to help you seek justice and hold accountable the drunk driver who caused you harm. If you live in the Fredericksburg area, contact one of our experienced drunk driving accident lawyers at (804) 358-1568 to discuss the details of your drunk driving accident and learn how we can assist you.
About Emroch & Kilduff
The award-winning legal team at Emroch & Kilduff has been advocating for injured individuals for 50 years, including those who have suffered injuries at the hands of a drunk driver. During the firm’s tenure, its skilled drunk driving accident attorneys have helped thousands of clients in the negotiation, settlement, and litigation of accident injury claims, including those stemming from drunk driving accidents.
The firm’s commitment to professional excellence and justice has led to hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for clients from settlements and jury awards. We cannot guarantee a specific financial outcome for your drunk driving accident claim, as each case has underlying circumstances that may increase or decrease its value.
Regardless, the drunk driving accident attorneys at Emroch & Kilduff have the experience and resources necessary to build a strong case against the drunk driver who caused your injuries, giving you the best odds of receiving maximum compensation.
Drunk Driving Accidents Cause Severe and Preventable Injuries
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles recently reported an almost two percent decrease in alcohol-related crashes and a five percent decrease in alcohol-related traffic fatalities in its most recent year of data. However, alcohol-related injuries still represent more than 15 percent of traffic accident injuries, and alcohol-related fatalities represent more than 30 percent of all traffic fatalities. The data is clear: drunk driving kills.
Fortunately, many people who are involved in drunk driving accidents can walk away without suffering any long-term damage. If you have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, which is not required under Virginia law, it will likely cover medical expenses for minor injuries from a drunk driving accident. Drunk driving accidents that occur at high speeds typically have more serious outcomes. Accident victims can suffer severe, sometimes fatal injuries.
Some of the most severe and common preventable drunk driving accident injuries include:
- Compound fractures and crushed bones
- Head traumas and traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Neck injuries, including whiplash and fractured cervical vertebrae
- Back injuries, including herniated and fractured discs
- Spinal cord injuries, which can lead to permanent paralysis
- Permanent vegetative state (PVS)
Seeking Damages After a Fredericksburg Drunk Driving Accident
A drunk driving accident may lead to financial ruin for victims and their families. Virginia law provides an avenue for injured individuals to recover losses related to the injuries that they’ve suffered in drunk driving accidents.
Some of the most common economic and non-economic losses that drunk driving accident victims recover in settlements or jury verdicts include:
- Medical expenses, such as ambulance service, emergency room treatment, doctor visits, hospitalization, surgery, aftercare, diagnostic testing, medication, and travel expenses to and from the hospital
- Estimated future medical treatment costs when a drunk driving accident leads to severe injuries that require months or years of recovery, or ongoing treatment for a permanent disability
- Rehabilitation expenses, which may include physical therapy, occupational therapy, mental health services, and other specialized treatment to help accident victims regain lost functions and cope with permanent injuries
- Assistive devices, such as crutches, wheelchairs, and prosthetic limbs
- Lost wages and benefits from missing work due to injury, hospitalization, and recovery
- Estimated future lost wages when a catastrophic injury prevents a drunk driving accident victim from returning to his or her job
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium with a spouse
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Punitive damages when the drunk driver acted with malice or excessive disregard for others
If you lost a loved one from a fatal drunk driving accident, your eligibility to seek compensation will depend on your relationship with the deceased. Virginia law permits eligible surviving family members to bring wrongful death suits against the drunk drivers. If a court rules in favor of the plaintiff, eligible family members can receive compensation for some of the aforementioned damages, burial expenses, funeral costs, and non-economic damages specific to the relationship with the deceased. Examples include loss of companionship or loss of parental support and guidance.
Your Fredericksburg drunk driving accident lawyer can answer any questions you have about taking legal action after a wrongful death and advise you on the best course of action for your circumstances.
Hire a Seasoned Fredericksburg Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
If you have sustained injuries as a result of a drunk driving accident or if one of your loved ones died because of a drunk driver, you should not have to cope with the financial struggles that accompany a drunk driving accident on top of the pain you are already feeling.
If you live in Fredericksburg, contact Emroch & Kilduff online or by calling (804) 358-1568 for a free consultation to discuss your drunk driving accident injuries and losses and how they have impacted your life.
We accept drunk driving accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not have to pay to hire us. Instead, we collect attorney fees from any compensation that we ultimately help secure for you. Let us handle the legal complexities of your case while you focus on your physical and mental recovery.
“Emroch & Kilduff what a excellent firm. Everyone was professional they stayed in contact with me, kept me up to date on my case. I was pleased with the outcome . I would recommend Emrock & Kilduff they will fight with you and for you.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!