Tappahannock Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Every 51 minutes, another person is killed in the United States by a drunk driver. At Emroch & Kilduff, we know that each victim is more than a statistic, they are a person—and have a family who is living with the results of a drunk driving accident.
If you or a loved one was a victim of a Tappahannock drunk driving accident, contact the skilled car accident attorneys at Emroch & Kilduff immediately for guidance and advice.
Tappahannock Drunk Driving Accidents Result in all Types of Injuries
Drunk drivers are a menace on our roadways. In 2019, there were over 18,000 arrests for drunk driving in Virginia. Overall, the cost associated with drunk driving from fatalities in the Commonwealth is $429 million. Drivers who are under the influence do not have good judgment. Bad decisions result in rear-end accidents, sideswipe collisions, and head-on collisions.
Victims can suffer a range of injuries in a drunk driving accident including:
- Back and neck injuries – Regardless of the direction your vehicle is struck, the damage to your back and neck can be devastating. Victims can be forced to live with life-long pain and may never resume their duties at their job.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – Head injuries are common in a variety of accidents. When another vehicle strikes a victim’s car, drivers or passengers may be thrust forward in their seats causing their head to snap back and forth. This impact can also disrupt normal brain functions, resulting in a debilitating TBI.
- Impacts resulting in broken bones – Fractured pelvis, broken arms, broken legs are all possible in serious car accidents. These breaks often take weeks to heal and may require follow-up surgery to ensure the bones are set properly.
- Death from injuries – Sadly, some accidents result in death. In these cases, a family may have the option of filing a wrongful death claim.
These are only some of the potential injuries a victim may suffer in an accident involving a drunk driver. If you were injured or you lost a loved one in a drunk driving accident, contact an experienced attorney at The Law Offices of Emroch & Kilduff, LLP for help recovering compensation for your injuries and losses.
Tappahannock Drunk Drivers at Fault for Their Actions
In nearly all cases, a drunk driver will be at fault for the accident which resulted in your injury.
However, there can be other parties who may be partially liable for your injuries including:
- Other drivers – Another driver may have initially struck the drunk driver because they were improperly passing, swerving, or cut them off.
- Parts manufacturer – While the collision may be the primary source of your injuries, some victims suffer an additional injury due to a tire blow out, a defective airbag, or other manufacturing problems with their vehicle.
Numerous variables will determine fault for the accident. Your best option is to have us review all police reports, witness statements, and any traffic video that may hold the proper parties accountable.
Recovering Financially Following a Tappahannock Drunk Driving Accident
While your primary focus should be on your physical recovery, there is little doubt that you and your family will be facing some financial challenges following a drunk driving accident. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you could be facing weeks out of work and mounting medical bills.
You may recover:
- Current and future income – You can recover earnings you lose while recovering from your injuries. If your injuries are severe and you can’t return to work, your lawyer will also work out estimated future wages.
- Medical care – From the minute you are struck by a drunk driver, the medical bills start. The trip to the hospital, X-rays, pain medications, overnight stays, and tests may be the tip of the iceberg. Even if you have medical insurance through your job, you may be forced to pay for some of these costs out-of-pocket. You can claim them as part of your lawsuit.
- Property damage – Damage to your vehicle following an accident could mean you are facing a high repair bill, or your vehicle may need to be replaced. Your attorney can help you determine what steps will have to be taken to get compensated for the damage to your car.
Victims may claim other economic and non-economic losses in a drunk driving accident case. Families who are filing wrongful death claims may also have claims for other expenses including the cost associated with funerals and burials. Your attorney will explain how they reached the number included in the claim and you will have the final say about the amount you seek to recover.
The Drunk Driver’s Insurance Company May Deny Your Claim
Do not be surprised if the insurance company for the drunk driver denies your initial claim. This is a common tactic to help avoid accepting liability. This is one of the reasons Emroch & Kilduff always recommends victims work with a skilled car accident attorney.
Insurance companies make money from premiums. They lose money on claims. Even when one driver involved was drunk, you can expect the insurer to claim you were responsible or that your injuries have nothing to do with the accident. We have one primary focus: to ensure that the person responsible for your injuries is held accountable and you get the compensation you are entitled to receive.
Do Not Let a Lack of Funds Prevent You From Seeking Justice
In addition to getting a free, no-obligation consultation, in nearly all cases, Emroch & Kilduff personal injury lawyers will take your case on a contingency basis. This means you will not pay for their legal services until we can secure a settlement or judgment on your behalf.
Contact Our Attorneys Today
Whether you or a family member suffered an injury in a drunk driving accident, you deserve justice. Money cannot make up for the loss or your pain, but you need not suffer financially as a result of someone’s negligence. Contact The Law Offices of Emroch & Kilduff, LLP today or call us at (804) 358-1568 for a free consultation and find out your options available.
“I had a really great experience with Ward and his staff. He constantly kept me up to date with my case and allowed me to put alot of money in my pocket which helped me with my bills. I am forever grateful to this firm for how they handled my accident. I hope I never get injured again but if I do I know who I am calling. Thanks again Ward and staff!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!