Bicycle Accident Case Settles for $1.3 Million
Note: The recoveries in these cases are not necessarily indicative of recoveries in similar cases in the future, since each case must be decided on its own facts and circumstances.
Mr. Emroch represented the estate of a 60-year-old mother of two adult children. The woman had been riding her bicycle, along with her 65-year-old husband, on a cross-country trip from Virginia Beach to San Francisco. She was rear-ended by the defendant.
She was killed instantly when she broke her neck after striking the ground. She had been in excellent condition for her age and had participated in numerous marathons. Her close-knit family was devastated by her loss.
After commencing litigation, the firm obtained a settlement in the amount of $1.3 million for the woman’s family.
Additional Personal Injury Settlements
Click on the links below to explore these cases and settlements in detail.
- Brain Injury Victim Receives Largest known VA Award – $6.2 million
- Injured Street Sweeper Settles for $650,000
- Accident Victim Receives $1.5 Million
- Disputed Brain Injury and Stress Disorder Victim Gets $600,000
- Unguarded Drain Leads to Injury Recovery
- Medical Malpractice case settles for $3 million
- Automobile accident settles for $4.8 million
- Truck Collision accident settles on second day of trial for $9 million
- Natural Gas Explosion settles for $1.5 million
- Truck Accident settles for $3.3 million
- Bicycle Accident case settles for $1.3 million
- Malpractice case settles for $900,000